Thursday, February 11, 2010

What are the odds of a false Positive Elisa test?

What are the odds of a false Positive Elisa test? I have already had 2 neg Rapid Blood tests? I am worried because 2 years ago I kissed someone with HIV and I had a canker sore in my mouth.What are the odds of a false Positive Elisa test?
An Elisa test is testing you for lyme disease, ehlichiosis %26amp; other tick borne illnesses. I'm not sure what any of that has to do with HIV. Also, a false positive with an Elisa is very common. A Western Blot is the best test available. I'm not sure what the canker sores have to do with the tick illnesses unless there is something that I am missing. I've had Lyme disease for over 11 years now %26amp; have never heard of the Elisa test being used for anything else, but I could be wrong!What are the odds of a false Positive Elisa test?
I had a false Western Blot positive 5 years ago through horrible aweful unprofessional LabCorps, and my sister-in-law went crazy when a routine HIV test came back positive when she was in her 1st trimester of pregnancy...it was a false positive.





I think that a person should routinely be tested at minimum 3 times over a year before they are officially declared positive.





I have had all negatives (and a child) since the horrible false positive test result in 2002. The test result nearly destroyed my 7 year marriage. I think these labs that are careless or sloppy should be held accountable for all these false positives and the emotional damage caused.





Test, test, test, and retest.





God bless you.
Oh gezzz.....I hope u stay negative. U should be checked every 6 months atleast for the next 2 yrs.; even then I would get checked twice a year thereafter. 2 negatives now doesnt mean your out of the water.





Please practice safe sex, and careful w/ bleeding accidents.
u are out of the woods window period is 3 to 6 months blood banks says 12 months to be extra sure. u can even donate blood with your negative test results

No comments:

Post a Comment