Sunday, February 7, 2010

I know real labor contractions feel like menstrual cramps, but does the stomach also ball up like false ones?

Im really not even sure what menstrual cramps feel like. I've never really had them.I know real labor contractions feel like menstrual cramps, but does the stomach also ball up like false ones?
Well, I've had loads of menstrual cramps and have had two children, and menstrual cramps feel nothing like contractions. Real contractions start off exactly like false ones, but occur much more regularly. Then they get stronger and stronger, and ........ yes, you've guessed it, stronger. I don't know what you mean by balling up, though.I know real labor contractions feel like menstrual cramps, but does the stomach also ball up like false ones?
My labor contractions were not like menstrual cramps. I didn't have hard menstrual cramps when I was younger but when I started labor, I knew that these were labor because of the intensity and area that it was in. My stomach never did ball up unless I was laying down and tried to sit up..as in how it does in sit up excersizes. If you have any questions or concerns, you need to talk to your Dr. That sounds like old hat but it is your best bet. Congrats and hope all goes well.
The menstrual cramps can be a number of things. I felt those a lot and they were contributed to Braxton Hicks and round ligament stretching pains. The balling up feeling is probably the contractions. I had my baby premature at 32 weeks but I had the cramps, nasuea, and contractions. You should contact your doctor if you feel uncomfortable with anything...thats what they are there for because you never know everyone is different. Make sure you are well hydrated too. Also, your baby could be an acrobat and that could be making you sick.





Take care and Good Luck!!!
real contractions are soooooo much worse than cramps. at least they are for 99% of the women in the world. there's always that 1% that says they feel like a little pinch.





the braxton hicks contractions (practice contractions) are pretty close to the real ones...but not quite there. but they can make u think u are in labor and run to the hospital.





it's different for everyone.
Yes. The difference between Braxton Hick contractions and labor is that Braxton Hicks will not be or will not STAY regular. Real ones are always regular and get closer and closer and for most women, more and more painful. For me, they were WAY WORSE than just menstrual cramps.
Yes, that's what I was trying to think of -- thanks, Cinders (above)! ';Braxton-Hicks'; contractions cause your abdomen to tighten up like you were describing. They're like ';practice contractions';. You may want to just check with your doc, though. With my first child, it seemed I was having an awful lot of them one evening at only 6 months, and it turned out I just needed to drink more fluids.
IME, you can't really compare labor and cramps. And yes, during labor, you can actually see/feel the ';stomach'; contracting.
Contractions feel different for everyone. Mine never felt like mentrual cramps--they were in a whole different ballpark. And yes, your tummy does ball up and get hard/tense.
I'm not sure but if you think your in labor you need to call a hospital and ask questions.
mine didn't feel like menstrual cramps they felt like someone hitting me in the back with a sledge hammer!
yes,they call them braxton hicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment