Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I am in Broward County Florida and I need to know what the charges are for a false police report?

My boyfriend and I got into a domestic dispute and it ended very poorly. He ended up losing it and hitting me. Earlier he had wanted to have sex and I didnt, but let him penetrate. When it got to the point that he was hitting me i tried leaving the house and he wouldnt let me. He is being charged with Sexual Assault/battery on a pregnant woman and false imprisonment. I was told that he could be facing life in prison.


As a result I want to get him out and I want to drop the charges but according to the detective the state wont let me. I was informed that I have the right to not prosecute but I need a way to try to get this over with so I wanted to know what the penalties were for stating that I filed a false police report.I am in Broward County Florida and I need to know what the charges are for a false police report?
first of all, YOU ARE A MORON!!!! why the **** would you drop the charges?!?! i am in broward county (pompano beach) and if i see the man you are talking about i will kick his f*cking ***. secondly, its a misdemeanor, which means you could have your baby in jail. is that what you want?I am in Broward County Florida and I need to know what the charges are for a false police report?
For one, they probably won't believe you if you told them that you filed a false report. Especially if you've been asking about dropping charges.


I really doubt that he will spend life in prison unless he is a habitual offender (even if he's not you should get as far away from him as possible).





They may consider you to be a ';vulnerable adult'; since you are pregnant. In which case filing a false report of abuse is a third degree felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison.





';A person who knowingly and willfully makes a false report of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of a vulnerable adult, or a person who advises another to make a false report, commits a felony of the third degree, ...';





He should make a plea bargain with the prosecuting attourney. If one is not offered you should ask the prosecuting attorney to make one and tell him/her your concerns.
I was a victim of domestic violence. I'm really sorry you're pregnant. Would you consider abortion or adoption? Keep him in jail! It will only get worse. If you keep him, he will eventually kill you.
for you darling it would probably be the death sentence. dont be daft press charges dump the dummy and get on with your life
As a result of what????? As a result of assault, you want to get him out? Filing a false report can result in you serving jail time. You don't have to testify in a trial, and he could plead guilty to a lesser charge or for a lesser penalty. Get an attorney to make sure that it is handled properly.





He DESERVES to be in jail, though.
go to a payphone, call them and ask.
Don't do it. There is a good likelyhood that you will be arrested and your baby taken by the department of family and children. If he is released from jail he WILL kill you!!! Just think of how he is treating you, do you want him to treat your child the same way? THINK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment