Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What happens to people when the illution turnsout to be false and the reality is revealed?

detailed answer, thanks.What happens to people when the illution turnsout to be false and the reality is revealed?
That's called ';growing up.';





Letting go of illusions and figuring out what is real is 90% of maturity.





The good news is that reality can be awesome too, and it's a lot more dependable than illusion. You can't pay the rent with illusions.





Lots of people have talked about this. The poet William Blake put it in terms of innocence and experience. St. Paul said ';when I was a child, I spoke and thought like a child. But when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.';





There is a reason that the 1st commandment is not to worship false gods. It's because all our illusions about God are like false gods. If we're clinging to illusions and afraid of reality, then we end up worshiping our ideas about God instead of God Himself.What happens to people when the illution turnsout to be false and the reality is revealed?
We begin to live for God.





Most of my life I was living under the illusion of self. Only thinking that surviving, making money, shopping, and watching TV, among many other worldly things, were all that mattered.


When God came into my awareness, my life had a completely different meaning.


Now I don't have to survive, God will sustain me. Now I use money rather than worship it. Now TV is limited to things that I can learn from, rather than to escape reality.


Now I think twice before saying a hateful word, or deciding to be lazy. Now I am truly happy and never depressed, even when things appear to be going against me, because I know if I love God and am called by Him, he will make everything work together for my good.
At that point, the door to the ark will already be closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment