Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why do abusive people hide behind a veil of religion and false righteousness?

Not all religious people are like that. I know people with belief in God who are very good and kind. I also know ******** who use their beliefs to justify their actions. I used to have a landlord that came down hard on everyone in my apt. bldg. that was feeding a homeless cat. I would have taken the cat in, but we weren't allowed pets. He bitched that animals didn't have souls and would kick the poor thing. He was Mr. First Baptist Church in all his glory. I came home one day from work to find blood splattered all over the wall and never saw the cat again. I've also known religious men who somehow think that women should be subservient to their husbands and tell them what to do and when to do it. That's not what a Christian marriage is about.





When I think back on the cat incident I feel so guilty. I feel like I should have done something like take it to the Humane Society. I was still a teenager and I guess I didn't think. I now have four cats and my own home and it still breaks my heart. I would kill anyone that treated one of my cats like that.Why do abusive people hide behind a veil of religion and false righteousness?
Not all of them do; however, when this occurs more than not they're a few surrounding him, shielding him protecting his name. Being abusive has nothing to do with religion; it has to do with unbridled anger that - suddenly goes unleashed and it affects all walks of life - even feminists can be abusers. So, what would you like to use to shine your kettle?Why do abusive people hide behind a veil of religion and false righteousness?
I don't understand all the hate towards religious people on YA boards, also it is directed towards Christians, its ok be he Pagan or Wiccan or something.





I have known lots of very nice people that are religious.





I have know a few bad ones, so what. Not all atheists are shining pillars in the community, nor is every wiccan perfect.





Where do most people go if they become homeless or down on their luck.. to a church. Mostly Christian ones. Those churches will feed you and give you shelter no matter what religion you are or if you have no beliefs at.





The core teachings are not evil, nor are most of its followers. Don't judge, be kind to on another and respect God. The Bible even says its followers are wrong if they do not obey these things.





I'm rambling, but I just don't get all the hate.
Yes, I agree quite irritating. Probably because the guy next to him in church is pretty much his ';clone.';


They wonder why peoples faith in this country is dropping at a fast rate. . .


Although I'm not religious, It angers me with all these phony people that hide behind the Bible.





The political world is notorious just for that!
Some do, some don't. The ones who do....I don't know why they do it. Maybe it's an attempt to hide what they are doing - perhaps they figure that if others think they're a good little Christian they won't question their children's bruises or haunted eyes. Either way, it makes me rather ill - the abuse in itself is disgusting, but painting a veneer of ';faith'; on it makes it even more twisted. And it reflects badly on the rest of the people of the faith...lots of people regard them as tainted by association.
I don't know. Maybe just maybe most religious people are the boogey men liberals have painted them to be. Or maybe femmies and liberals just try to discredit Religious people to further their own self righteous goals. Talk about the kettle calling the pot black.





And shouldn't this be in the religious section. Well I guess since you are probably just trying to shame religious people into silence then this is the right section after all.
Your premise is incorrect. Most serial killers and political leaders that have killed millions are not religious. Stalin, Hitler, Mao.





Of course people bring up the pedophile priest. But were thier underlying reasons to become priest or be closer to children. Pedophiles will chose an activity that bring them closer to children.
What else would they hide behind?





Priests perform their abuses behind a cross. Cops perform their abuses behind a badge. They both look at each other, and wink.


';If it aint broke, don't fix it.'; They clap each other on the back and head off to perform their ';duties';.
^


I


I


I


I


I


Femine's a perfect example





Case in point: Right wing, racist, homophobic, misogynist, abusive. anti-semitic ever-loving-love-thy-neighbor christian!
Abusive people need some excuse to defend their insecurities/behavior. Religion is just one among the many excuses that they can use. But that isn't the only excuse.
There are many disguises not just religion and false righteousness. But whatever the mask I guess it's all about dominance and power.
Yes, it's a strange thing. You ask some people why they think the way they do and they answer by saying that an imaginary being wants them to think that way. Very odd.
That's how they cover up how abusive they are. No one would suspect the angelic choir girl, right?
A feminist attacking religion? Wow! I never though I would see that in my whole life!
excuses and rationalization
Because they're all just sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment