Thursday, February 11, 2010

Has anybody else had a false negative pregnancy test?

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I'm three weeks late (even though I'm never regular anyways) and have been having morning sickness, sore and very swollen breasts, and have been unbelievably tired. My hair and nails seem unnaturally shiny and my skin is very very soft.


We've taken 5 store bought tests, 3 were negative, and two were positive.


I'm getting a blood test today so there will be no question, but I'm just wondering if anybody else has stories about false negative tests or knows about their actual accuracy.Has anybody else had a false negative pregnancy test?
I had many, many false negatives before I finally got a positive with my third child. Sometimes the pregnancy hormones in your urine just aren't strong enough for a home test to pick up, but if you've gotten a couple of positives now I'd say you're definitely pregnant. Good luck at your doctor appointment, and congrats!!Has anybody else had a false negative pregnancy test?
girl if 2 were positive you are most def prego lol it happened to me i had bought like 10 of the test and i would take 2 a week and i always got a - but i finally was going to give up with the last 2 and omg yay it came out + so yeah u are but i kinda really dont trust those things but well hopefully you are and congrats
With my first daughter I took 4 test and they all said negative. They weren't the cheap ones either. So I went to the emergency room to find out what was wrong with me. They did a blood test and surprise, I was pregnant. I'm pregnant again but with this baby it showed up positive on the store bought test.
if a store bought pregnancy test says postitive you def. are pregnant. if a store bought pregnancy test says negative, there's still a chance you are pregnant. i would schedule a doctors appointment.
There are a lot of people who have false negatives but usually once you see a positive its not false. Positive means pregnant! Good luck!
Yes I must have taken like 10 test before I got one that was positive at 9 weeks. So it can always be wrong and I never trust those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment