Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Whats the chances of a (very cheap) home pregnancy test to have a false positive result?

I have a very irregular period and I havent had one in almost 3 months. (Not unusual for me though) But I've tested positive TWICE on dollar store preg. tests, however, I have NO symptoms of pregnancy. What do y'all think?Whats the chances of a (very cheap) home pregnancy test to have a false positive result?
urine pregnancy test is usually dependent on presence of hCG in the urine. Normal non pregnant adults usually do not produce hCG.





A false positive urine pregnancy test is rare, especially when it is positive on 2 occasions. One of the causes of a false positive urine pregnancy test is that of a tumour producing hCG. Either way i think you should see a doctor.Whats the chances of a (very cheap) home pregnancy test to have a false positive result?
i found them to be very accurate (they have a very high sensitivity %26amp; detect pregnancy earlier than some others I've used) ... and I think you're less likely to get a false positive than a false negative anyways.





And, it may take you awhile to develop some symptoms ... just depends on how far along you are.





Congrats!
Thats a tough one... I would say go to the doctor, and don't waste any more money on pregnancy tests that aren't doing you any good... you very well may be pregnant, but I'm surprised to hear that you have no symptoms... Not even sore breats, frequent urination, or mild cramps???? I had the symptoms of my period when i found out I was pregnant....
How accurate does it say it is on the box? If it says it's 99% like all the other ones in the regular drug store, then you're pregnant!





False positives are very rare. They usually only occur if you're taking a type of hormonal pill.
I think you should go to a doctor and get a blood test. I have had false positives on cheapo tests, but you really want to be sure at this point. (And don't use the dollar store ones -- splurge for the good ones!)
false negatives, yes ......... false positives, no ...... just because you aren't ';feeling'; pregnant, doesn't mean you aren't . . not all woman suffer morning sickness, etc. during pregnancy . . best to have a blood test done by the doctor . . . (I was not sick or uncomfortable when I had my son . . but was terribly sick with both of my girls)
Preggers...
[Your pregnant. Those tests may have risk of having a false negative result, but you can only get a positive result when you have the hormone in your system which is only carried by pregnant woman. My doctor told me there is no such thing as a false positive only false negatives. Good luck !
Dear Island ,





One of my wife's ob-gyns and several other sources have told her that dollar store tests are often manufactured by the same people that make the more expensive tests. If in doubt, go see a doctor and have a test, or try a more expensive test first, if necessary.





-j.
Congratulations! Start thinking of baby names and go see your


obstetrician. The tests are very accurate.
From personal experience with all brands of at home pregnancy test and a child( which i used about 12 tests before I believed it) I would say.................Congratulations Start picking names.
I think false positives are VERY rare, regardless of the test. False negatives are much more common. I really think you should visit a dr to find out for sure. Best of luck!!
There is no difference in the tests. The cheap ones are just as accurate as the $20 clear blue easy. I think you're going to have a baby! I didn't have any signs of pregnancy with my first child. The only time I ever felt nauseous was once when I slammed a prenatal vitamin with a cup of decaf on an empty stomach. I had to pull off the highway on the way to work to puke...LOL
These kind of tests are pretty accurate and the technology is simple. The test just detects a protein hormone and if it's not there it can't make a positive.
get a blood test just to be sure, and talk to your dr. Congratulations! it's the best gift in life
I would say chance are good you are pregnant but go have a blood test done.
I used them to test my last pregnancy. Yea that's right I said pregnancy! Your are pregnant! congrats!! Get to the Dr. Girl!
the only time a pregnancy test will usually lie is when it says negative when you are pregnant, iv never heard of it sayin you are pregnant when your not, beacause you would have no hormone in your urine for the test to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment